If you are interested in optimization, use MATLAB and like free stuff, OPTI could be for you. See the What Is OPTI section for details on solving linear, nonlinear, continuous and discrete optimization problems using MATLAB!
To get right into it, jump to the downloads page!
Version 2.23 has just been released with minor updates. Changes include:
- Updated documentation to match move to Inverse Problem Limited
- Rebuilt all solvers against MKL v11.3 R4
- Updated IPOPT to 3.12.6
- Updated ASL to v20160922, including VSBuild for auto compilation
- Updated nomadset to latest spec (C. Tribes)
- Fixed bug where maxnodes instead of maxiter was used for BARON maxiter setting.
- Fixed bug where x0 as a matrix could be supplied as solve(opt,x0) and skip error generation.
- [API Change] Changed return codes for constraint linearity in ASL interface
The academic version of OPTI Toolbox is back online. The process to download it is as follows:
- Download the Open Source Version from here.
- Download the Academic Extension from here, and following the instructions on this page to install it.
While this is now a two-step process, it simplifies obtaining small changes via Git for the majority of users.
As I have now left AUT, I have moved OPTI into our start-up company. This change means very little for the OPTI community, other than a new web address, and the mailing list has been deleted. I've also taken the chance to change the Wiki skin for a bit of variation.
One change to note however is that GitHub will become the primary download location for OPTI (including MEX files) - no more download forms for the open source version. For Academic users, a patch will be provided (asap) to add SCIP. More details to follow.
Version 2.22 has just been released with minor updates. Changes include:
- Added suggestion to rethrow errors when function testing (V. Pericoli)
- Fixed handling of very large QP problems (skips non-convex checks)
- Fixed excessive memory when checking of symmetric/tril/triu Hessians by using builtin MATLAB routines (H. Mittelmann)
- [API Change] Changed symbset interface to now only accept optiset options via 'optiOpts' field.
Apologies while our Wiki was down. Something went wrong with one of the add-ins (BlogIt) and it took a while to track and fix.
OPTI Downloads should be available again.
Version 2.21 has just been released with minor updates. Changes include:
- Rebuilt all solvers against MKL v11.3 R3
- Fixed bug when nleq cannot accept x0 = zeros(n,1) during function testing (B. Duarte)
- Fixed bug where fixed binary variables were written as normal binary variables in MPS files
- Fixed bug where binary variables were not handled correctly by intlinprog
- Fixed bug where SNLE problems not handled correctly by MATLAB solvers
- Increased precision in writing MPS files
- Updated coinRead to correctly identify binary variables
Version 2.20 has just been released with minor updates. Changes include:
- The toolbox now only supports 64bit MATLAB (mexw32 binaries no longer supplied)
- Rebuilt all solvers against MKL v11.3 R2
- Rebuilt all solvers in R2013a with Visual Studio 2015 & Intel XE 2016
- Added primal and dual bounds to SCIP return arguments
- Updated CLP to 1.16.10
- Updated CBC to 2.9.8
- Updated IPOPT to 3.12.4
- Updated BONMIN to 1.8.4
- Updated NOMAD to 3.7.2
- Updated SCIP to 3.2.1 (note even more sensitive to unbounded problems now)
- Updated RMathlib to 3.2.4
- Updated CppAD source to 20160321
- Updated VSBuilder to support Visual Studio 2015 and Intel XE 2016
- Fixed bug plotting 1D maximization problems
- Fixed bug in opti_scipasl returning the wrong status code and message (F. Bastos)
- Improved compatibility with R2016a
 Older (Open Source) versions of OPTI that support 32bit MATLAB can be downloaded from Dropbox .
Version 2.16 has just been released with minor updates. Changes include:
- Updated CBC to v2.9.5
- Updated BONMIN to v1.8.3
- Updated SCIP to v3.2.0 (note change in return codes if using scip directly)
- Fixed bug when nlcon cannot accept x0 = zeros(n,1) during function testing (A. Khalid)
- Minor bug fixes
Version 2.15 has just been released with several updates.
checkSolverhas been renamed to
optiSolver, same API.
- Rebuilt all solvers against MKL v11.2 R3 and Visual Studio 2013
- Updated and tidied supplied documentation, mostly on this Wiki now.
- Updated CLP to v1.16.6
- Updated CBC to v2.9.4
- Updated IPOPT to v3.12.3
- Updated BONMIN to v1.8.2
- Updated SCIP to v3.1.1
- Updated RMathlib to v3.2.0
- Updated CppAD Source to 20150429
- Added ability to set SCIP options. Check
scipsetin MATLAB, and this example.
- Fixed bug in convBonmin when supplying options from another solver (G.Tsoukalas)
- Fixed bug in >=R2014b when plotting OPTI plots with bounds
- Fixed bug in >=R2014b when plotting quadratic constraints
- Fixed bug with bintprog no longer available in R2014b
- Fixed bug with orange line in data fitting plots in R2014b